Product Sourcing the Drop Ship Way
Drop shipping is the ideal low-risk solution for starting a retail business, particularly for online merchants. You don’t need a great deal of startup capital to launch your business. With a drop ship supplier and an eBay account or your own webstore, you can immediately start selling products online. You order the product only after you receive payment from your customer, so if the product doesn’t sell, your loss is limited to any listing fees you paid. If the product does sell, you can simply ramp up your marketing and sell more products.
To implement drop shipping in your retail business, you have two choices—either search for drop ship suppliers on your own and negotiate with each one individually or gain access to multiple suppliers through a product sourcing marketplace. Several websites offer drop ship supplier lists that you can purchase online. Many such lists, however, can be challenging to work with, and some are outright scams. In addition, even after you have a list of suppliers, you must contact each one individually, negotiate prices, and then learn each supplier’s system for taking orders and managing your account.
A reputable product sourcing marketplace offers several benefits:
· Access to dozens or even hundreds of drop ship suppliers.
· A single account to keep track of.
· A single, consistent interface for ordering products.
· Lower wholesale prices by leveraging the buying power of its many members.
· Additional services, including education, product and market research tools, fraud protection, and professional customer support and technical support.
Doba is committed to simplifying and streamlining the process of product sourcing for eCommerce entrepreneurs who are looking to start or grow their retail business with the drop shipping solution.