- What types of payment do you accept?We accept PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover/Novus, Online Checks, Webmoney, and Wire transfer. (Some methods available only per request to our support department.)
- Is there a minimum contract period?The only minimum periods for each account are the minimum periods for which each account type is available. Most accounts may be purchased on a month-to-month basis.
- Do you allow adult content on your servers?Pornography and sex-related merchandising are expressly prohibited on Avahost servers.
Also we don’t allow: pirated software (warez), Non-Licensed MP3’s or Software, Hacker programs or archives.
Spamming, or the sending of unsolicited email, from our server or using an email address or domain that is maintained on our machine as reference is STRICTLY prohibited.
Read Terms of Services for details.
- Do you have a money-back guarantee?Yes, we have a 60 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied contact us for a complete and prompt refund. Your account must be in good standing and must not have been terminated for violation of our Terms of Services to receive a refund.
- Who owns my domain when I register it through you?You do. You, or the person you specify when you sign up, will be listed as the administrative and billing contact on your domain and will retain full control over it at all times.
- Can I use domain names from other countries (.cc .nu .to)?Yes, we support almost all TLD extensions. Please contact us if you need to know about a specific one.
- Do you handle the domain registration process?Yes, we can handle and register new domains for you at a discount. If you are transferring a domain, you will need to handle the domain transfer yourself. We include all the information you need to contact your registrar and move the domain to our servers in the welcome email you receive after signing up. If you still have problems, email our support team and we will try to help.
- I have several domains. Can I use them in an account?Yes, you can.
Depending on the hosting plan you can place in the same account from 1 to 99 domains.
If you want more than this amount, you can order additional domain according to our tariffs.
- Why don’t you just give everyone their own IP address?There are a limited number of IP addresses in the world and that number is rapidly being depleted. Once the IP addresses are gone, they’re gone — there just won’t be any more for anyone else. There is some work being done to establish a new system but it would take a very long time to implement it and it is not near completion yet. So, in an effort to do our part, we minimize the number of IP addresses we use. More than 95% of our clients use shared IP addresses and do not report that they have any trouble with them at all.
However, if you want to have your own IP address, we can provide it for additional fee. With your own IP, you can get SSL.
- What server software are you running?On most shared hosting servers we are using: OS CloudLinuux, control panel CPanel, Apache web server.
- How long does it take to set up service ?This process normally takes a few hours, as long as your credit card is approved. You will receive your welcome and set-up information by email. Remember, it can take longer for your domain name to point to your new account (domains must be pointed to our DNS servers which are listed in the welcome-email). However, as soon as you receive your welcome message by email, you are ready to use your new account with your temporary sub-address.
- Why my site is Suspended?In most cases we suspend customer's account because of billing problems.
(your hosting account is expired and you didn't renew it.)
Probably because of administrative or technical questions (unacceptable
content of your site, fraud activity, complains, server overload etc.)
If you are unsure about reason of suspension then please contact us:
If you know about the payment issues, then please pay us and your account will be restored:
If you don't have access to the billing system and you had automatic billing
with 2CheckOut.com then please use this link to pay for your service: http://www.avahost.net/restoren.html
- Is Domain Expired? Content is changed.If content of your web site was changed and now on your site (on all pages) same advertisment content.
Then your domain is expired and was pointed to parking advertisment page of the domain registrar.
How to check is it really expired?
Go to any whois service like http://www.easywhois.com
enter your domain name and click button.
You will see whois output for your domain and «Expiration date».
If domain is really expired and domain was registered by us,
then you can renew it here:
Domain will be reactivated in few hours after the renewal.
- Can I change from one plan to another?Yes, you can do it yourself automatically in your billing system account.
- How do I register a new domain name?If you are already our customer then you can register a new domain name for $12.95 per year here:
After your payment, we will register the name and you will be able to add it to your control panel CPanel.
If you simply want to point a second domain to your main domain in the same directory,
then in the CPanel click «Manage Parked Domains» in the «Domains» section.
If you want two different sites, click «Manage Addon Domains» in the «Domains» section.
Then you can upload to new domain by FTP.
Login will be: email@example.com
Passw: your password
Also, your new domain will be accessible as a folder in the main domain:
However, visitors will only see the site URL: www.yournewdomain.com.
Good video tutorial about it: Addon Domains Tutorial
- How do I renew an expired domain name?If your site/email is down, at first please check the expiration date of your domain name. If it has been more than a year since you registered the name, it may have expired and you will need to renew it.
For example, you can check your domain’s expiration date here:
Only if your domain name was registered by us, then you can renew it through us here:
Price — $12.95 per year
If your domain name was registered through other registrar, you must renew it through that registrar.
- Tech. Information — paths for CGI, Perl, scriptsCGI scripts will work in the /cgi-bin/ folder, it’s inside of /public_html/ folder.
PHP scripts mush be in /public_html/ folder or sub-folders
cgi-bin path = /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin
http path = /home/username/public_html
cgi url = http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/yourscript.cgi
path to Perl = /usr/bin/perl
path to sendmail = /usr/lib/sendmail
path to the date program = /bin/date
Directory to upload files = public_html
* where «username» — Your username if the CPanel
- Run scripts from CronTabIn the command field please write:
/usr/bin/wget -q -O /dev/null -nd http://www.domain.name/script.php
* where «username» — Your username if the CPanel